- to guide students toward intellectual, artistic, physical, technological, and social
- to spark passion. We want children to become deeply and personally involved in their
work, to feel not only accountable, but engaged.
- to cultivate depth of character. We want students to develop empathy, imagination, and
moral courage; ethical values; a sense of humility; and a habit of service.
- to help students gain self-knowledge: to learn about their own strengths and weaknesses
within a supportive environment that fosters open and realistic communication.
- to foster a sense of community. Accordingly, we strive to create a rich public life in
the school, where students learn to express their opinions effectively and responsibly,
and to consider respectfully the opinions of others.